What Is Full Form of POLICE?
It is a reference to Public Officer for legal investigations and criminal emergencies.
The word”police” comes directly from Middle French police (‘public order government, administration, and public order’), which is an adverb from Latin-language politia that is an abbreviation of Greek politeia (politeia), “citizenship, civil polity, administration”.
They are uniformed people who are in charge of maintaining law and order.
What is Police?
The official body whose mission is to ensure that law-abiding citizens obey as well as to stop and eliminate crimes
In the field of social service Police assist people in need of urgent assistance, whether that is first aid, or locating missing children.
Some of the tasks for maintaining order include controlling crowds and traffic the resolution of domestic disputes, getting prostitutes off the streets.
It is vital that police officers have values that are compatible with their policing duties and display these to the general public. Congruity in the way they make decisions is essential for both officers who make conclusions and the members of the community who are affected by their decisions.
History of Police
The Indian Police Act, which was approved in March 16th, 1861 was in effect from March 22, 1861.
The military police was to be removed, and policing would be given to a civilian constabulary.
Civil police were required to have their own distinct administration structure, under the direction of an inspector-general in every province.
The highest ranks of police officers were previously purely European The lower ranks were dominated by Europeans, while Indians were mostly recruited in the lower levels of the police force however, not all of them.
The importance of the improvement of village police and putting it under the control and supervision that of the village magistrate was a further element in the Act.
The Police Post
- Director General for Police (DGP)
- Additional Director General Police
- Inspector-General Police (IGP)
- The Deputy Inspector General for Police
- The Senior Superintendant of Police (SSP)
- The Superintendent of Police (SP)
- S. Superintendent Police
- Assistant Superintendent Police
- Assistant Superintendant for Police (Dy. SP)
- Assistant Sub-Inspector
- Head Constable
Duty of Poilice?
A police officer’s job is considered to be among the most sought-after jobs in the world. If you are a person with a passion for helping others, police officers are the ideal career choice for you.
Some of the main duties of a police officer is keeping the public peace and investigating crime as well as identifying problems and incidents that could cause crime, maintaining the law and order, and so much more.
Police officers are regarded with the highest respect within society and is among the most many lucrative careers within the government sector.
Also read: What Is CS Full Form?
The qualities of Police
- Be kind to everyone Even those you hate.
- Don’t abuse your authority
- Don’t lie, if do not remember being a certain person or thing, tell the truth. that you don’t remember.
- Don’t be an authoritarian. utilize your power sparingly, and with prudence
- Help people solve their issues or refer them to someone who can help.
- Be aware that you are a an integral part of your community. Without the support of the community, your job will be much more challenging.
Unknown Facts About Police
- The first woman official in the police force of India was recruited by Kerala’s Travancore Royal Police in the year 1933.
- The East India Company was inspired by the Napier police force to create an uniform police force modeled on the Irish Constabulary
- The British Indian Government established a police commission in 1858 after the first war of the 1857 uprising.
- Lord Cornwallis established an all-time Police force for India.